Book your Travel – Getting to FIP 2023
Official Airline Partner
Qantas is delighted to be the exclusive airline partner for the FIP 2023 and will be providing discounted airfares for delegates and their companions to travel to Brisbane.
For detailed information, please send us an email.
With more than 23.2 million passengers in 2017, the award-winning Brisbane Airport is the third busiest in Australia. Brisbane is the closest destination for many international travellers to Australia and is a great hub to start from for many Australian experiences.
Once you’ve arrived, getting around Brisbane is a pleasure with its first-class network of travel and transport links. From the airport, board the Airtrain for a direct transfer to the city (kids 14 and under travel free) and links the domestic and international terminals. Brisbane Airport is located about 20 minutes from the city centre via train.
Airtrain is the fast and stress-free way to travel from Brisbane Airport. In 20 minutes, you will travel directly to the heart of Brisbane’s CBD in a modern fleet of trains including Air-conditioning, free WiFi, restrooms on board and plenty of space for luggage.
Airtrain are currently offering a return for free* promotion when you book at airtrain.com.au. *T&Cs apply.
One of Airtrain’s city stations is the South Brisbane station, which is located just 378 metres from the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. For those unfamiliar with Brisbane, you can use our online journey planner to map out your journey to the centre.
Instructions to purchase:
- Head to www.airtrain.com.au
- Select the Book Tickets button
- Select From destination as the Airport Domestic or Airport International
- Select To destination as Brisbane and choose one of the following stations: Eagle Junction, Wooloowin, Albion, Bowen Hills, Fortitude valley, Central, Roma Street, South Brisbane
- Select Return button
- Choose departure and return date between the 22 September and 1 October 2023
- Select the amount of passengers
- Enter passenger details
- Select Credit Card or Paypal
- Enter payment details
- Select the check boxes and press the Confirm booking button
Getting around Brisbane
Public Transport – Ferry/Bus/Train
Public transport in Brisbane is paperless. We suggest that you purchase a Go Event Card through the online registration form. Alternatively, Go Cards can be purchased from Newsagents, 7/Eleven and train station ticket offices.
The closest station to the BCEC is the South Brisbane Station. You can get a train from South Brisbane into the city or to the Airport.
Plan your journey on public transport using the Translink Journey Planner or Google Maps.
Another way to get to where you need to go is via a taxi. You’ll find taxi ranks at the Brisbane international and domestic airports, as well as throughout Brisbane City and its surrounding regions. Jumping in a taxi can be a quick and efficient way of getting to your destination.
Brisbane is home to Uber, DiDi, Ola and GoCatch.
Key phone numbers
- Brisbane Visitor Information & Booking Centre: (07) 3006 6290.
- TransLink (public transport information): 13 12 30.
- Black & White Cabs: 13 32 22.
- 13cabs: 13 22 27.
- Emergency (ambulance, police or fire brigade): Dial 000.
Find out more about what’s on in Brisbane by downloading the Brisbane Visitor Guide.