Target audience: Industrial Pharmacists, scientists and leaders in manufacturing environments
Chair(s)Mr Sola Solarin, President FIP Industrial Pharmacy Section, Nigeria
An everchanging landscape for Good Manufacturing Practice brings us to this Workshop with IPS. Continuous advancements in pharmaceutical regulations and technology, highlights the need to improve our current skill-set as industry professionals.
The IPS GMP Workshop will attract scientific and industry professionals to gather with an intent to learn, discuss recent GMP updates and best practices, analyze successful endeavors and interrogate publicized GMP non-compliances.
What to expect:
- Obtain an overview on the revised Annex 1 to the PICs/GMP.
- Learn about the impact of Pharmaceutical Digital Transformation.
- Critically assess where some gaps exist that cost lives – case study.
- Hear about new technologies, including robotics and automation
- Enjoy panel discussions and be part of robust dialogue and learnings from global colleagues
- Network with peers
|09:00 – 09:30||Keynote address – Where are we now, and where to from now
Dr Jude Nwokike, Vice President & Director, Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) Program, USP
|09:30– 10:00||Revised Annex 1 to the PIC/S GMP Guide on the manufacture of sterile products
Mr Matt Davis, GMP lead inspector, Australian Regulator, TGA
|10:00 – 10:05||
|10:05 – 10:35||PIC/s Update and Managing PIC/s Inspections
Mr Bob Tribe, Former Chairman of PIC/s
|10:35 – 10:45||Q&A|
|10:45 – 11:15||Coffee/tea break & networking|
|11:15 – 11:45||
|11:45 – 11:50||Q&A|
|11:50 – 12:20||
Where is industry on adoption
|12:20 – 12:50||Panel Discussion with Mr Pierre Winnepenninckx and Mr Maurice Parlane|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch break|
|14:00 – 14:25||
Diethylene Glycol and case study based on falsified medicines. Practical implementation of WHO requirements in an African company
|14:25 – 15:00||
GMP Challenges in Developing Countries
|15:00 – 16:00||
Innovations in factories: Science Behind Tablet Characterisation
|16:00 – 16:30||
Closing Panel Discussion: GMP of the future:
|16:30 – 16:45||IPS President close|
- Understand Annex 1 to the PICs/GMP guide. Be able to develop contamination control strategies
- Understand Validation in a GMP environment
- Recognise trends in automation in the pharmaceutical industry
- Know where GMP is headed and what role you have to play
The session is accessible with pre-registration only via the regular congress registration. Costs are $195 (incl. GST) for FIP members and students and $295 (incl. GST) for non-FIP members.